Leadership development has been high on my agenda for a very long time. I have worked with large Not For Profits such as Red Cross Australia, Good Beginnings Australia, YMCA Top End and Save The Children to provide strategic leadership development training. So when I was approached by Liquid Learning, an international organisation that focuses on leadership development opportunities for professionals to facilitate a significant workshop on their behalf, I was eager to know more. The conference was to be their first Women in Leadership conference in Darwin NT Australia and I was invited to facilitate “Developing and Promoting your Authentic Leadership Identity for Enhanced Effectiveness”. While it wasn’t my topic title or program outline, the expectations of the workshop were aligned with my beliefs and capacity to deliver, and I had the autonomy to bring my own style into the process. So I said yes.
Participants included senior bureaucrats and decision makers and from their feedback, most of them had the most extraordinary experience. Opening up this leadership workshop with an invitation to rewrite the agenda, clarify expectations and initiate heart centred conversations led to astonishing outcomes. Good leaders know that building relationships is the cornerstone to great outcomes. And that’s what I focus on. Helping leaders get really clear about what is possible, achievable and worth working for spoke to the heart of what mattered most in this leadership workshop.
By the end of the workshop every participant had an action plan to carry them forward, together with an accountability buddy system in place. Many moments of truth were shared throughout the day and the feedback I got post workshop was phenomenal. Here’s a snippet from each participant:
- Very open minded and easy going workshop. Highly recommend this in the future.
- An honour to experience and share such positive energy. Thank you for your insight and constructive advice.
- Bronwyn has a very different way of delivery.
- By far the best and most practical workshop I have been to in my career! Exceptional and gifted presenter who knows how to keep concepts real.
- Bronwyn was fantastic and was able to engage me for the entire workshop. Just wonderful; I enjoyed the experience.
- Amazing – wonderful – want more!
- Amazing women! Great content and excellent presentation style.
- Energising electric presentation. Engaging on all levels of one’s self. Best session all week
- Quite a different delivery style than I normally like but was fantastic brought me out of my comfort zone.
- Best engagement ever! “Pushed” into thinking about me and that’s a good thing. Great mix of age, experience, values and vices. BC is Dynamite
- Phenomenal. Thank you so much!
- Great subject knowledge and so passionate about helping others to overcome the hurdles they face professionally and personally.
This was by far one of the most powerful workshops I have facilitated in the last 15 years. Working with such emotionally mature and willing participants was what made it so successful. The level of engagement was huge. And judging by the feedback and response rate 8 weeks later I can’t help but feel there is a desperate need for more of this work. Now I know I’m not for everyone, and nor am I meant to be. However if your organisation is in need of support for staff to achieve this kind of engagement and to strive for greater results, hit the big pink button in the bottom right corner and email me now.