Attending to self care is mandatory for us to live healthy and balanced lives. In the lead up to the shut down of 2013 I offer you my top tips for practicing the art of self care and growing your confidence:
- Observe your thoughts. My old swami used to say “Observe and don’t participate in the busyness of the mind”
- Slow down your thoughts – if you feel your mind racing, heart thumping and your breathe becomes shallow, STOP and acknowledge to yourself that there is nothing cannot wait for a couple of moments while you collect your thoughts and catch your breath. By taking 3 long, slow deep breathes while silently repeating a statement like: :”I am practicing the art of slowing down my thoughts”will allow you to instantly gain more clarity and confidence.
- Get clear about how you communicate with yourself. Pay attention to your self talk and ask: “Would I speak to anyone else like this and think it was ok?”
- When self doubt or negativity enters your thinking, repeat this mantra “cancel, clear, delete”(you might like to make this a silent mantra, OR share it with colleagues)
- Practice listening to your ‘heart’ and observe the information you receive without judgement .
- Be open to possibility and be prepared to be surprised!
- If your thoughts feel supportive, nurturing and encouraging, give them positive attention; you can be assured this is pure inspiration of the heart.
- When encountering a decision, pay attention to your intuitive body responses. Your body will give you an instant internal response. Is it a yes, a no or a maybe?
- Identify what needs to change in your life based on the above tips.
- Our head works hard to tell us why we cannot do something, while our hearts search to tell us what we must do! Connect your head and heart and Take inspired action
“May my actions be inspired and heart centred. May I dwell in the heart!”